Richmond Home

Plan a Campus Party or Social

Hosting a campus party or social? Be sure to follow the steps below for a successful event! NOTE: this page is not for planning residential parties or socials.

Selecting Your Event Date

While selecting your event date, be sure to consult the campus events calendar to eliminate any scheduling conflicts. 

Secure Your Venue

In order to reserve a campus venue, your organization’s designated scheduler should submit a Standard Event Request, through the Events Office. Below is a list of suggested venues and audience attendance for speakers on campus. 

Suggested Event Venues

  • The Web
  • Cottage Courtyard
  • Alice Haynes Room
  • International Commons

When booking a DJ, regardless if they will receive payment, a contract or agreement must be created. This can be completed by setting up a meeting with CSI staff least 20 business days prior to your event date. NOTE: A student, advisor or unauthorized university employee cannot sign a contract or agreement on behalf of your organization.

Food for Events

Your food needs, should be included on your standard event form submitted with the Events Office. Be sure to review the Approved Vendors list for current approved campus vendors.

Outside vendor
If you plan to use an outside vendor, be sure to complete a Food Waiver at least 48 hours prior to your event and contact Angela Moseley Scott

Angela Moseley Scott

If you wish to have alcohol during your event, you must submit an Alcohol Event Request form.

*All beverages must be Coca Cola products* 

Audio-Visual Rental

Contact the Events Office at 804-289-8585 to set up A/V tech requests. Your A/V needs, should be included on your standard event form submitted with the Events Office.

 Tyler Haynes Commons (only)

The Center for Student Involvement provides a/v support and technicians on request for events taking place in Tyler Haynes Commons. To reserve, use the CSI AV Rental form

URPD (Security)

Depending on your event elements, URPD may be required. This can be coordinated through the Events Office reservation.


Marketing and promotion has a great impact on your event, be sure to read the guidelines below. You will also want to make sure your plans are allowed under the posting policy.

DFlyers (Digital Flyers)

To submit a DFlyer for the Tyler Haynes Commons, email

For format requirements, be review the dflyer guidelines


SpiderBytes is a daily e-mail sent out to university students, faculty and staff, in order to, exchange information regarding University campus-wide events. This is a cost effective platform to promote your event to campus. Interested in submitting a spiderbyte, be sure to review the guidelines for submission.


Tabling to promote your event is an effective way to raise awareness.

Tyler Haynes Commons, Westhampton & Richmond College Patio

If your organization is interested in tabling be sure to complete the Center for Student Involvement tabling request form

Dining Hall (D-Hall)

If your organization is interested in tabling in the dining hall, be sure to contact Jerry Clemmer

Hanging Lounge


Tracking Attendance/Card Readers

To track event attendees, the Center for Student Involvement has card readers you can check out for your event. To reserve, complete the card reader request form. NOTE: All events taking place in Modlin must use Modlin tickets.

Evaluate Your Event

It is important to assess each event your organization puts on. The post event evaluation is a helpful tool in helping you create feedback for your event and also help you plan for future events.